Overnight oats are one of the most delicious, healthy and easy to make breakfasts. If you have never tried overnight oats before then you are seriously missing out, they do not involve any cooking and taste amazing.
I love being able to wake up to a tasty breakfast without having to put in any effort that morning and it means that I can have an extra five minutes in bed which is always a bonus!
There are lots of overnight oats recipes but I find this one really good. You can easily mix things up a bit too by trying out different toppings.
- About 2 tbsp. of Greek yogurt (or vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsps. chia seeds
- About 3/4 cup almond milk (or any type of milk)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 2 or 3 strawberries
- Flaked almonds (optional)
- Add the oats, chia seeds, milk and honey/maple syrup together in a resealable container. You can add more or less milk depending on how thick you would like your oats to be.
- Stir everything together and add the blueberries, strawberries and flaked almonds on top.
- Seal and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
You can also heat the mixture in the microwave the next morning if you would prefer them warm or you can enjoy them cold straight from the fridge.
The oats contain lots of fibre which is great for your body and can lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar control and keep you full for a long time. The chia seeds are also a great source of fibre and can prevent cardiovascular disease and lower cholesterol.
I would definitely recommend trying overnight oats because they are so good for you and will keep you full for hours.
If you enjoyed this blog post and would like to see more posts like this then please follow me on Instagram @avaology.co.uk and on Twitter and Bloglovin’ @avaology.