Make your Friends Green with Envy with your Smooth(ie) Skin
Today I would like to show you how to make a healthy green, vegan and gluten free smoothie particularly rich in vitamin K, B6 and A amongst many other things. Not only does it look and taste delicious but it is also very beneficial to your body and skin because healthy skin starts from within.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 a cup of mango
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 cup of spinach
- 250ml of apple juice
You will also need a blender to blend all of the ingredients together.
- Firstly, chop enough mango to fit in half a cup. You do not need to chop it too much because it is all going to get blended anyway. You can put in slightly more mango than 1/2 a cup of you want.
- Next, take your banana out of the freezer, it will be brown once it has been in the freezer but it will be fine inside. Usually, I prefer to chop the banana in half and then peel it otherwise it will be difficult to peel.
- After this, rinse the kale and then cut any big stalks off as they do not have a nice taste or texture. Make sure you have enough kale to fill around 1 cup.
- Next, rinse the spinach and fill about 1 cup of it too.
- Now measure approximately 250ml of apple juice and pour it into the blender.
- Finally, add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until it is lump free and smooth.
This smoothie has many health benefits from all the different ingredients including improving your skin, helping your sight, preventing hair loss, aiding weight loss and many other benefits.
The best part of this smoothie has to be how it tastes because it honestly does taste delicious and you really can’t taste the kale and spinach but it will give you your five a day in under five minutes.
If you enjoyed this post then please follow my Instagram @avaology.co.uk and my Twitter and Bloglovin’ @avaology.