10 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a very affordable and extremely versatile product especially when it comes to beauty. I find it amazing how it is so beneficial in so many ways and you can do so many things with it. So here are my top 10 beauty uses for coconut oil:
- Hair Mask – Coconut oil is such an amazing hair mask and it has been used for centuries in hair. I love to put it on before I take a shower and then leave it on for at least fifteen minutes, the longer the better, and then simply wash my hair as usual and it always makes my hair look and feel much healthier.
- Body Lotion – Coconut oil makes a great body lotion because it is very nourishing and hydrating for the skin and it makes your skin look and feel a lot smoother and surprisingly, it actually sinks into the skin quite fast so it won’t leave you feeling greasy.
- Makeup Remover – I love using coconut oil as a makeup remover if my skin is feeling dry because it melts my makeup away so easily and leaves my skin looking and feeling very soft and radiant even after I have washed my face. If you usually use some sort of balm to remove your makeup then this could be a great natural and more affordable way to remove your makeup and even if you don’t then I would stilly fully recommend that you try it. If you have very oily skin and don’t want to use coconut oil all over your face then I would really recommend it as an eye makeup remover because it is really gentle and won’t harm your eyes and it well help your eye makeup to disappear without too much rubbing.
- Teeth Whitener/Mouth Wash – You can actually very easily use coconut oil to help whiten and take care your teeth. All you need to do is swish about a teaspoon of coconut oil around your mouth for about ten to fifteen minutes and if you do this consistently, even twice a week, it should help to remove plaque, promote healthier gums which make your enamel look whiter. I really love this method of teeth whitening because unlike other harsh whitening products, coconut oil is actually very good and gentle for your teeth.
- As Part of a Lip Scrub – I love making lip scrubs with coconut oil in them because it is very easy and it feels and even tastes nice on the lips. It is easy to make a homemade lip scrub that contains coconut oil, if you are interested then you can find a recipe on my blog.
- Anti-Frizz Treatment – Rub a tiny bit of coconut oil into your hands to quickly and effectively prevent frizz.
- Cuticle Oil – Before you do your nails, rub some coconut oil onto your cuticles to help nourish them and make them look nicer. Doing this also helps your nails to grow a lot faster and it should keep your nails stronger and healthier.
- Lip Balm – Your lips will feel really nice and hydrated when applying some coconut oil to them.
- Eyebrow/Eyelash Thickener – I love using coconut oil to condition and strengthen my eyebrows and eyelashes. I feel as though it really helps them to look a lot fuller and make them grow it won’t irritate your eyes.
- Shave Cream – Coconut oil works great for if you are shaving because it helps the razor glide very well and helps to prevent your skin from being irritated.
Of course, in addition to all the amazing beauty uses for coconut oil you can also use for many other things, the obvious one being cooking.
If you enjoyed this blog post then please follow me on Instagram @avaology.co.uk and on Twitter and Bloglovin @avaology