Victoria Sponge Cake
This blog post is a classic Victoria Sponge cake recipe. It’s a perfect cake for every occasion including Mother’s Day and it isn’t too difficult to make. Not only does this cake look great but the moist sponge in between indulgent cream and fresh strawberries makes it taste fantastic too.
- 6oz (175g) of butter
- 6oz (175g) of granulated sugar
- 6oz (175g) of self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 250ml of double cream
- 1 tbsp of icing sugar and some extra for decoration
- 1tsp of vanilla essence
- Strawberries (enough to decorate top of cake)
- 5 tbsp of strawberry jam
- Set the over to 180 degrees.
- Grease two cake tins with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it is fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time whilst beating them well. Gradually pour in the flour.
- Pur the mixture into the cake tins and make sure they both have an equal amount and level the mixture.
- Bake the cakes in the oven for 25mins until they look golden brown.
- Leave the sponge cakes to cool.
- Whip the cream until it is relatively stiff and add the vanilla essence and icing sugar into it.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Once the cakes are cool, spread the jam on one of the sponge cakes and spread half of the whipped cream on top.
- Put the other cake on top and spread the remaining whipped cream on it.
- Place the rest of the strawberries on the cake and dust them with icing sugar.
If you enjoyed this blog post then please follow me on Instagram @avaology.co.uk and on Twitter and Bloglovin’ @avaology.