Apple & Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Apple and rhubarb crumble whether its combined with both apple and rhubarb or separate is such a classic dessert that always tastes great. I don’t normally have dessert but with the nights drawing in and seeming more wintery, I decided to make a warm and comforting pudding. I was able to use up the last of our rhubarb and apples from the garden. The recipe for this dessert is very simple and easy to make.This crumble has just the right amount of sweetness with a golden crumbly top.
- One large handful of rhubarb
- Four apples
- 90g/3oz sugar (plus one tablespoon extra for the apple and rhubarb)
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 115g/4oz lightly salted butter
- Chop the rhubarb and apples into small chunks so that it fills the bottom of the casserole dish or bowl that you are putting the crumble into.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the apple and rhubarb.
- Rub the flour, sugar and cold butter together with your hands so that it forms a crumble.
- Evenly place the crumble over the rhubarb and the apple.
- Bake everything in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit for twenty to thirty minutes until the top is crisp and starting to brown.
If you prefer then you could cook the crumble in separate dishes. I chose to serve this dessert with custard but it also tastes fantastic with ice cream.
If you enjoyed this blog post then please follow me on Instagram @avaology.co.uk and on Twitter and Bloglovin’ @avaology.